So while enjoying my holiday respite in Cleveland I spent a fair bit of time watching other people’s TV watching habits. During one of those days, my Cleveland suburban friends’ son was watching cartoons, and by chance an episode of the Nickelodeon show Yo Gabba Gabba was playing. By some act of cosmic Doctor Who intervention, given how many possible episodes or segments of episodes that could have aired, the clip that happened to be playing was when one of the female characters named Toodee (who coincidentally is a blue cat-dragon–how awesome is that?!) gets sick and a doctor comes to visit. And like all good kids shows, this inevitable leads to a song and dance routine featuring a special visit by Anthony Bourdain as “Doctor Tony.”
Well, you can imagine my glee when the song started and the words “you know we’re talking about the doctor” came out of the speakers. Fantastic, I thought to myself, this song needs a little Doctor Who video love. So, finally home from my epic journey across the Midwest, I am proud to present my unoriginal, original video remix of Yo Gabba Gabba vs Doctor Who: The Doctor Remix. Enjoy.
The adventures continues in Pt III – Dog Dayz.
Until next time…allons-y!
- The Borderlands of Catastrophism
- Mr. Chris Goes to Cleveland – Pt IV: Les Misérables
- Now You See It, Now You Don't: Reality, Sustainability, Visuality
- Low Carbon Pleasures and Anthropocene Art
- Fascist Aesthetics and the Heroic - Sontag, Riefenstahl and Propaganda
- What forces shape you? - Star Wars Psychology